I'm still not quite sure how we got from this:
to this:
But here we are!
Here's to my little man (a couple of weeks belated) who makes my life amazing and crazy!
At four years old, you:
* Are smart. Like, really smart. You know (academically speaking) everything you need to know to go to kindergarten. And you have for a year. And you say "actually" which is hilarious.
* Love learning about God. Your favorite stories are of Goliath and Sampson (you are really into good vs. evil) and you love me and your dad to read you stories out of your bible.
* Love superheroes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm sorry you couldn't have your Superhero birthday party this year. We'll do something rockin' awesome next year, and make sure you aren't throwing up! :)
* Love books. Your current favorites are the Ready Freddy books. I love that you love reading.
* Are energetic. I call it crazy. You jump all over the house, pretend my couch is a jungle gym, act like you are riding a surfboard in the recliner, and never. stop. talking. It makes me insane, but you are a little boy, and you have a lot going on. I know I'll look back someday and remember the days you were so innocent and care free, so I'm just going to have to live with this one! :)
* Are kindhearted and caring. Once we asked you what you would do if you had all the money in the world. Your answer, so matter-of-factly, was "share it." Whenever we talk about being thankful for what we have, and that there are many people in the world who do not have so much, you are always offering up our services, whether it be our washing machine, car, food or money. You would give anything you have so that someone else could have it too.
* Are quirky. There are so many things you do that make your dad and I shake our heads in wonder. You have to have things in order the way you want them. Maybe that's a firstborn thing.
* Are my joy. As much as I love it when you are away so that I can have a break, the house always feels empty when you are not in it, and I am always excited for you to return.
I cannot imagine my life without you. I am so thankful that God gave me you. (I also thank Him that you are not three anymore. I have a good feeling about year four!!!)
Love you, Buddy Bear!!
* Are smart. Like, really smart. You know (academically speaking) everything you need to know to go to kindergarten. And you have for a year. And you say "actually" which is hilarious.
* Love learning about God. Your favorite stories are of Goliath and Sampson (you are really into good vs. evil) and you love me and your dad to read you stories out of your bible.
* Love superheroes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm sorry you couldn't have your Superhero birthday party this year. We'll do something rockin' awesome next year, and make sure you aren't throwing up! :)
* Love books. Your current favorites are the Ready Freddy books. I love that you love reading.
* Are energetic. I call it crazy. You jump all over the house, pretend my couch is a jungle gym, act like you are riding a surfboard in the recliner, and never. stop. talking. It makes me insane, but you are a little boy, and you have a lot going on. I know I'll look back someday and remember the days you were so innocent and care free, so I'm just going to have to live with this one! :)
* Are kindhearted and caring. Once we asked you what you would do if you had all the money in the world. Your answer, so matter-of-factly, was "share it." Whenever we talk about being thankful for what we have, and that there are many people in the world who do not have so much, you are always offering up our services, whether it be our washing machine, car, food or money. You would give anything you have so that someone else could have it too.
* Are quirky. There are so many things you do that make your dad and I shake our heads in wonder. You have to have things in order the way you want them. Maybe that's a firstborn thing.
* Are my joy. As much as I love it when you are away so that I can have a break, the house always feels empty when you are not in it, and I am always excited for you to return.
I cannot imagine my life without you. I am so thankful that God gave me you. (I also thank Him that you are not three anymore. I have a good feeling about year four!!!)
Love you, Buddy Bear!!
No comments:
Post a Comment