Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thoughts on the first week

The first week of the Giving Challenge was interesting...here are some highlights

I started off by doing something that seems so simple - spending time with my little boy. You would think that I would get plenty of time with him while we are home all day, but unfortunately that is not always the case. So we spent some purposeful time doing things he enjoys...like wrestling and playing chase...(What? Does he not like cleaning and cooking and doing laundry all day?)






I had a voting fail. The intention was there, but I also had to renew my *late* tags that day. Just the thought of two outings to public places with two children makes my eyes glaze over...




**Side note: I did have the sudden urge at 6:50pm to run over and vote!
But, let's just say that a certain boy who will not be named somehow managed to get his finger stuck in a wooden puzzle piece at that exact moment.
Needless to say, my attention was immediately diverted. Boy freaking out. Baby screaming. Voting fail.

We discovered an awesome website - www.wegivebooks.org where you can pick a cause, read books online, and a book is donated to the cause you choose for each book you read!

I spent time with some awesome girls.





And I busted a move.


*****************************

It's been a fun and a real challenge for me to intentionally give.

Sadly, giving is something I want to be good at, but I have a long way to go.

There are lots of exciting things on my giving calendar, though! Stay tuned!

No comments: