Monday, January 3, 2011
Birthday boy
The morning of his big Superhero 4th Birthday party, this little guy woke up throwing up with two of his five cousins who stayed at Grandma's house the night before.
Pukey Birthday Boy + Pukey birthday guests = Cancelled party
So we threw a little mini party at home.
He loved all of his gifts, but this was about the most excited smile he could muster.
The Pillow Pet was such a hit! There's a long, drawn out story behind him getting the bee, but I won't go into that right now...
These things are probably one of the silliest inventions ever. They flatten like a pillow, and then with a thin strip of velcro, they fold into themselves and become a "pet."
The things we do for our children in the name of love...I never understood it until I became a mommy of a preschooler. I laugh every time I hear him say "Those kids, they love their Pillow Pets!"
This is the cake I made. I have to admit, I was pretty excited about it (until I got the call that the boy was sick).
It was my first ever attempt at fondant, and it's far from perfect. I had bigger plans for it, but when I found out there was to be no party, I had only just colored the fondant, so I skipped the full-on decor and opted for simplicity. It tasted amazing, thanks to some fantastic cake baking, icing, and fondant instructions found here. I can't wait for Baby Girl's birthday so I can try it out again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment