So, let's recap the past two months...and since I can't think of a thing I did in May, I'll start with June...the 26th, to be exact, when we took our new Youth kids to a conference in Hays.
It was a great time to be had by all! Obviously!
Then, we celebrated the 4th of July...we went out to my aunt and uncle's house in Kechi, where they are allowed to shoot off the BIG fireworks! And although we hadn't bought anything fancy, we thoroughly enjoyed the show.
And beyond that we've really just been living!
I did join Twitter... (so am I now a Twit?) and I've been trying to use self tanner in order to fake the fact that the only part of my body that has seen the sun is my left arm (and to that I owe the sun via the driver's side window). I've been absolutely addicted to Oreos...but don't get any ideas...unfortunately it's just a vice I have found! :) Let's see...oh yeah, we put in an offer on a house in the little town of Halstead, KS last week...but have yet to hear anything more. I will let you know if anything comes of this dazzling piece of information.
Hmm, what else? Well, we saw the latest Harry Potter movie last weekend - and talk about disappointment...we've been discussing the movie's fate all week, and it made me wish that I hadn't re-read the book for the third time directly before watching the movie, anxiously awaiting favorite scenes and pretty much getting my hopes up! Word to the wise...see this movie on an empty Harry Potter stomach - otherwise you might be regurgitating some fierce wrackspurts by the time the movie is over. :) *Sigh* I still plan on seeing it in IMAX though...however more to rendezvous with some special Arkansans than anything else. **Love them!**
And lastly (that I can think of on the spot) but certainly not leastly (is that even a word??) we are coming up on our 6-year this Sunday! Yay us! And, a certain someone will be quite happy to know that the traditional six year anniversary gift themes are Iron and.....CANDY. Joy. :)
So, I suppose that is that. There is much more, to be sure, but tonight I am blogging on a whim. Therefore there shall be no more until there is sleep. I bid thee good night, o blog, my blog.
3 comments:
Wait! When did you move back to Kasnas? Did I miss this?
I'm glad you updated, even if this was the loopiest update I've ever read from you! Sorry Harry Potter was a disappointment. I can't wait to hear more about the house. Keep us posted for sure!
LOL....
Sorry Alisha...I guess it's been almost a year since we moved back.. :)
And Marie, I've been reading a lot of early American literature this past week, and I think it's getting to my brain! I'm thinking in Olde English speech and dreaming about farm houses and red ponies...strange.
Post a Comment