Monday, May 18, 2009
Too big...
Today marks a momentous occasion. My baby is officially a big boy.
Now, to be fair, he has been evolving into a Big Boy for some time now - and he frequently corrects me whenever I slip and call him "My Baby" in his presence.
But today, out of all the days, is different. Today we took down the crib...and replaced it with none other than a twin sized super bed...waterproof mattress, standard size pillow, tractor sheets and all. Is this really happening? I'm only about 75% sure this is real life...I mean, I am so excited to watch him grow up, but...I am torn. I just tried to give him his blue "nonny" (blanket) he has always slept with. He told me, and I quote, "No, I don't want that one, I want my Big Boy Nonny." I think I might cry...
To top it all off, he's been wearing Big Boy underwear (UNDERWEAR!) all day, and is having the best first day of potty training I have ever heard of.
I know this is just the way things happen, but I didn't realize just how much I'm not ready to let go of my Baby.
You know what this means, people...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yep! How do you think Ainsley got here?
:)
More babies! Sorry, just had to say it! :) Just wait until you aren't shopping in toddler sizes anymore and actually have to wonder over to the boys department to buy clothing! I had that experience last month. Although, it was the girls department, mind you. :) He's adorable, Leah!
What DOES that mean, Leah? Are we supposed to read into that last line? Reading about your baby boy grow up into a Big Boy made me panic and really thankful that I have diapers to change still! Is that silly?
LOL! What a cute post! :)
Post a Comment