
Here's the first look at our baby girl! Isn't she cute with her little hand resting under her chin?
I actually had the sonogram done on Nov. 3oth, but I am just now getting around to blogging again. Sorry for the delay! According to the Sono Tech, the due date for this little one is now thought to be April 22, 2010. However, at my appointment last Monday, my doctor said that I am measuring a little large for how far along I am, so we'll see. We are super excited to be having a little girl! It's fun to think about what she will look like - will she be a little girl Caleb? And what kinds of little feminine features will she have? I'm also excited about PINK. And decorating a nursery again, and thinking about all the cute frilly things out there for girls. It is definitely a lot of fun. I do feel a tad overwhelmed when I think about how soon she will be there, though. Up until now, I haven't really had much of a chance to breathe, let alone start truly preparing for another baby. And honestly, we've been out of the baby stage so long, I feel a bit like a first-time mom again! Haha, not to mention the fact that we have absolutely nothing girly around these parts! So much to do, so much to do. :)
I am starting to do some research again on all things baby, and am seriously considering cloth diapers, but I haven't made up my mind 100% as of yet. I guess it will depend if we can handle the upfront cost and little bit of extra time it will take. I've also been reading a book I bought at Borders quite a while ago called "Green Housekeeping" by Ellen Sandbeck, and have been impacted by some of the information I've come across, which has led me to want to start 'greening' up the house as we can. I think we're going to buy an organic cotton crib mattress (Caleb's was used before we got it, and it is time for it to go anyway), and start using some homemade household cleaners and laundry products, as well as paint the nursery with a no-VOC paint. We won't be going all out, ripping out floors and replacing them with bamboo or anything, but just trying to do a few things that aren't too much more costly than the norm, and a little better for our baby and the environment.
I sound so eco-friendly, don't I? Haha, please let it be known that since we've moved to Halstead three weeks ago I've used up 12 rolls of paper towels, taken plenty of hot 30 (45?) minute showers, and 409'd just about everything, bought swiffer dusters, thrown away countless things that could have been recycled (including a LOT of Christmas paper), poured nasty chemicals down the drain, and really haven't changed any habits. This is definitely a new thing for me! But, I figure I have the conviction, and I have to start somewhere! Going green (and pink...)!
So, any 'green' tips out there for a novice like myself? Do you have any favorite websites, books or blogs that you look to frequently for tips and advice? Do you have a favorite product or method for cleaning and 'greening'? I'd love to know!
2 comments:
Congrats on the little girl! That is so exciting! About greening up...it's so easy to get overwhelmed. I try to just make small changes here and there as we go. About cloth diapers...I blogged about what we use at http://cherishedmystery.blogspot.com/2008/09/cloth-diapers.html
We used birdseye cotton prefolds and loved them until just a few months ago when Hannah's bladder capacity exceeded the absorbency of the diaper. We decided to finish out her diapering days with disposables though we could have reinvested in some toddler absorbency diapers...okay I'm getting way to long on this...I'm happy to share more in e-mail if you'd like. Congrats again!
Hey girly! I LOVE www.passionatehomemaking.com for all things eco, natural and healthy!! She is one amazing mom! Check her out! :)
Post a Comment