Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's been a long time

Wow...it's hard to believe it's been over a month since I've posted anything. I don't know...while it seemed everyone was posting about Cora, I just didn't have it in me to blog - so I reached for the pen and paper instead for awhile, wrestling and considering some areas of faith that I will never be able to understand with my limited humanity and vastly small understanding of the unsurpassed greatness of our God. I wish I had some real profound things to say - I don't. Do you ever have those moments where suddenly everything comes together...but it only lasts for a fraction of a second, and then it's gone, and you can't get that understanding back? I've experienced that lately - a momentary glimpse of God's bigger plan, and then right back to my own little world. And I've had split second moments of understanding of the pain Jess and Joel are experiencing - but those moments are quite literally moments, and I am back to not comprehending again. Very honestly I have absolutely no desire to feel that pain, as no mother does. But I also cannot deny the connection to the heart of God that the experience of pain brings to a person.

I suppose you could call my current state one of awe...though not in the sense of "Wow, God does cool things" but more intrigued by the mysterious way that He brings so many things to the table at once - beauty, pain, sorrow, joy, love, all intermingled and so difficult to understand.

So, that's my current story. And I'm back to blogging.

1 comment:

Marie said...

"I suppose you could call my current state one of awe...though not in the sense of "Wow, God does cool things" but more intrigued by the mysterious way that He brings so many things to the table at once - beauty, pain, sorrow, joy, love, all intermingled and so difficult to understand."

That's a really good way of putting into words what I've been feeling as well. Sometimes you can wonder what the heck God is doing without doubting His existence.