Your arrival marked the beginning of a new journey in parenting for your dad and me. We quickly learned that parenting two children is much different than parenting one child. Sorting out the balances has been a challenge, and has sometimes felt overwhelming. I am thankful for a God who stretches us and allows us to grow into the circumstances in which we find ourselves. I have experienced myself and my brokenness as a human being more this past year than I ever have before. I have also learned a lot about grace and have experienced the unfailing love of my Savior in ways I never have before.
Your arrival also brought, quite literally, the girl into our home. I have loved dressing you and fussing over you, listening to your little girlie voice as you have started using it more often, and making hair bows, buying fabric to make dresses, and lavishing you in all things pink. Because of you, I have learned to sew! I enjoy searching for new projects to add to my long list of "I must do's" and having a reason to learn something I've always wanted to do, but never took the time. Thank you for that!

At one year, you are so much fun! You have spent the past few weeks working on walking, and it occupies much of your time. I love that you are so proud of yourself, looking over at me to make sure I'm watching. You love your "Bubby," dancing (especially in your Daddy's arms), books (Mr. Brown, Moo Baa La La La, and B is for Bear are your favorites), Tinker toys, being outside, eating (bananas and cheese, but you'll basically eat anything in front of you), baths, music, dogs, babies, and you still prefer your Mommy over any other person.
You are starting to talk more and more. You say "ma-ma" and "da-da" and "buh-buh," "ed-dah" (for Stella dog), "ny ny" (night night) "na-na" (for banana) and a variety of "disch" and "dhat." You also love to imitate, and just today Bubby and I spent some time teaching you how to be a Ninja (WAAAHH, YIYA!). You can sign "more" but prefer to scream and grunt for your food, and can sign "please" but you do it to me instead of yourself. It's darling, really!
You are a friendly, mostly laid-back baby, and everywhere I go people tell me how beautiful you are. It's true, you are quite the looker. My desire for your life is for you to shine brightly in the beauty that God has created in you, and reflect His beauty back into the world.
I love you, Claire Bear.
You are starting to talk more and more. You say "ma-ma" and "da-da" and "buh-buh," "ed-dah" (for Stella dog), "ny ny" (night night) "na-na" (for banana) and a variety of "disch" and "dhat." You also love to imitate, and just today Bubby and I spent some time teaching you how to be a Ninja (WAAAHH, YIYA!). You can sign "more" but prefer to scream and grunt for your food, and can sign "please" but you do it to me instead of yourself. It's darling, really!
You are a friendly, mostly laid-back baby, and everywhere I go people tell me how beautiful you are. It's true, you are quite the looker. My desire for your life is for you to shine brightly in the beauty that God has created in you, and reflect His beauty back into the world.
I love you, Claire Bear.


2 comments:
Happy 1 year, sweet little Claire!
Oh she is just gorgeous! They grow up so fast!!
xo,
Amy
Post a Comment