Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

Here are some highlights from our Christmas celebrations...though I hesitate to even mention that if I'm being truly honest, my experience this holiday season had little to do with the "Christ" in Christmas. While we had a great time seeing all our family, and I'm truly grateful that we have had the opportunity to do so, I can't say I spent much, if any, time pondering the true meaning of Christmas this year, and being thankful for all that God has provided for us. These past couple of months have kind of just gone by. There have definitely been some real moments, but in all honesty I've felt sort of mechanical, like I'm just getting by and not so much like I'm living life. It's weird how these things happen and one can be aware and unaware at the same time...

That said, I'm not sure if I'm quite out of the funk yet, probably because getting out of the funk actually requires real action and decision from me...I'm quite stubborn, you know...bear with me...but I do resolve to take action soon...there are some things left to figure out, and some feelings yet to be exposed (haha...all of this in my own mind, mind you). *Sigh* To quote a decent country song..."It's not always pretty, but it's real." So, here are some real moments... :)

No comments: