Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bravo!


I will preface this short post by saying I am extremely tired..but I thought I at least owe ya'll (a little bit of the South for you) a little update.

Well...I'm tired because I'm currently employed. :) Yep! I got a job, and am now supporting our family! Haha...well, at least until Craig gets a job...and then I'll be co-supporting our family (financially, of course). I started Monday working with Early Head Start as a Family Educator, and I'm spending this week all day every day training; reading LOTS of material and watching many child development and theory videos from the early 90's. Mmmhmm...crazy big bangs combined with no other volume, the pre-skinny jean 'tapered' days when they weren't so skinny in the hip-pal area (hey, don't judge me on my word-making-up abilities), and some UUUGLY baby gear...no "Safari" this or "Rainforest" that...no classic Pooh, no Restoration Hardware customized pink or blue-with brown polka dots...so sad.

So, once I get past this laundry list of training materials, my job will be very fun, and very rewarding, and will at least allow me to access my creative problem solving abilities and 'need honing' Spanish skills (they consider me 'bilingual..who knew?). I'm excited, and I whole-heartedly believe God placed this position on my plate for good reason, and that he's worked everything out to make it possible (including a second car!) and that it will be good. But I really already miss being with my baby :(  I think I just have to keep in mind that my schedule - when I actually have one - will be very flexible and hopefully actually allow me to spend more time with him, with one day a week that I get to stay home all day! Yay! These first couple of weeks are going to be a little rough, though. I'm so thankful I have such an awesome mom who offered to get some laundry done for me, and even put a chicken in the oven for me before she left for work yesterday! Whew...

So that's that. I will update with more info once I have more of a brain (maybe this weekend?). In other news, Craig and I had a final, FINAL interview type thing Monday evening with Eastside Comm. Church. We are supposed to hear at least some news about finalization on the postition near the end of this week...we shall see, we shall see. Thank the Lord one of us finally got a position...having cash that only flows one way is only slightly stressful. But, Jesus is taking care of us...in abundance :) As usual.

Love and BABIES (birth to 3 years + pregnant teens) HA!

Peace.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yah, Leah! Congrats on the job. It sounds like a great job for you. I'll keep Craig (and you guys, of course) in my prayers while you wait to hear about his job. Love you, dear!

Shannon said...

Hey! I was actually a home visitor for the program in Manhattan! Boy I could tell you some stories:) I hope you are enjoying your job... it truly is a rewarding one!