Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Goodnight Moon

Caleb really loves the book "Goodnight Moon." In fact, he loves that and "Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom" so much that I have them both memorized! We finally got into Wichita (for good!!) on Saturday night, and I really think what saved us on the truck ride was our mad book reciting skills!

All that to say, when we were leaving I kind of felt like I was reading "Goodnight Moon" to my house...sort of like "Goodbye Fort Smith, Goodbye Creepy House, Goodbye little friend mouse who was living in my house...Goodbye furniture that did not fit in the truck, Goodbye trash can, Goodbye mud dobbers!" Actually, I was really sad only about the kids and their families...I really, really love those kids...I will miss them dearly! Other than them, I cannot say I will miss my house...I haven't slept well in a month, and I really won't miss the church, which is sad to say...but I'm ready to be in community with authentic people who can journey in faith together!!! I haven't experienced that working in a church for 3 solid years. It's time!!

I am really going to love being home...it's already been worth it! I've been able to do more in 3 days of knowing I'm staying here than I ever was able to do visiting for a weekend or even a week! I'm just waiting to see what God is doing with us...amidst the high stress transition time. We'll see, we'll see. Until then, we're hanging in there, enjoying being in Wichita. :) Pictures to come!

1 comment:

the mcclenahans said...

That is so exciting that you are in Wichita now! When you get settled let us know and Cora and I will come visit you.