We visited the tiny town of Peabody, Kansas this year for the 4th of July. It's amazing that such a small, fairly run-down town in South Central Kansas can put on such a great fireworks display. This was my second Peabody experience, and I must say I'm impressed. This coming from a big city gal like me (haha!!) who is used to downtown displays on the river. Sadly, I don't have many pictures as my camera died early on in the day.
However, I will share some of the day we spent with Craig's dad, who happens to live in Peabody and is the main reason we spent our holiday there. It was really a great day, and Craig's brother and his wife as well as his sister and family came down to celebrate with us. It was so nice to have the siblings together spending quality time - something that rarely happens. I was even proud of Craig's dad, who cleaned his house in anticipation of our arrival as well as grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, and made homemade baked beans, potato salad and strawberry banana jello.
(Caleb absolutely adores lawnmowers - "mawn moii!")
1 comment:
We were in Peabody for the fireworks too! Too bad we didn't run into each other (I guess that would be hard in the dark). We live about 10 miles South of Peabody (right by Elbing). Next time you are visiting Craig's dad you should stop by. I had no idea he lived in Peabody. Small world!
Post a Comment